Your distinctly-unique child has arrived and you’re completely torn about the possibility of Infant Day Care. We get that. Because at Danbury’s Hudson Country Montessori School we accept whole families into our community, not just their children.
- Our Danbury, CT Infant Program was established 20 years ago. The current Head Teacher has been with us for 19 years, and most other caregivers for at least 10. Child care providers in our program are passionate, committed, knowledgeable, and experienced.
- We follow the Montessori Method. You will find many notable differences in our Infant Room design and programming from traditional Day Care settings.
- One surprising program differences is our emphasis on independence. From the get-go.
Many people are shocked that our daughter sits down by herself at a little table, tries to use a fork and spoon, puts her toys away, throws garbage in the basket, knows to put shoes on the mat and clothes in the hamper, and can find her food in the refrigerator. All before she’s 18 months. We blame it all on Hudson.”
~ Infant parent – Jon Dupree
- As part of our Montessori philosophy, communication between caregivers, parents, and administration is paramount. We maintain an “open-door policy” and remain committed to detailed, daily correspondence.
- Because we understand the dizzying demands of today’s family arena, we accept infants from 8 weeks old through 18 months and are open 7am to 6pm.
Full & Half Day Child Care Programs
We offer an Early Session from 7 to 9am, a half day program (9am to 12pm or 12 to 3pm), a full day program (9am to 3pm), and late sessions from 3 to 5pm and from 5 to 6pm. Our prices are broken out by session to closer match your budget to your needs. See the Tuition Schedule.
Bold Prediction: At the end of the day, once checklists have been completed and research dutifully studied, there’s still no better decision-making indicator than good old-fashioned “gut feeling”. Schedule a Tour or come to an Open House. Check out the overall quality of interaction between staff, children, and families. We predict that you will not only leave HCMS with a notable feeling of connectedness, but once your infant is enrolled in our child care program, your family will continue to enjoy the benefits of belonging within our school community for many years to come.
Come for a visit