You can’t remember what it feels like to sleep uninterrupted, work is clamoring for you to please, please come back, and your heart constricts every time you think of placing your infant in the arms of another. We can help. Because we have been there-done that, and in many cases, still are.
Hudson Country Montessori Infant Program teaches and cares for infants as a literal extension of home. JW, Hudson parent states, “Both of our children entered the school as infants. In each case, we could not be happier with the results early in their lives. Over the years, teachers, administrators, and support staff have become an extended part of our family.” Most of Hudson’s staff have, indeed, placed their own newborns in the program. Think about that. An infant program designed, run, and maintained by current education professionals in a family-like setting.
Other noteworthy points of interest include:
- Our Danbury, CT Infant Program was established 20 years ago. The current Head Teacher has been with us for 19 years, and most other caregivers for at least 10. Teachers in our program are passionate, committed, knowledgeable, and experienced.
- We follow the Montessori Method. You will find many notable differences in our Infant Room design and programming from traditional Day Care settings.
- One surprising program differences is our emphasis on independence. From the get-go.
“Many people are shocked that our daughter sits down by herself at a little table, tries to use a fork and spoon, puts her toys away, throws garbage in the basket, knows to put shoes on the mat and clothes in the hamper, and can find her food in the refrigerator. All before she’s 18 months. We blame it all on Hudson.”
~ Infant parent – Jon Dupree
- As part of our Montessori philosophy, communication between teachers, parents, and administration is paramount. We maintain an “open-door policy” and remain committed to detailed, daily correspondence.
- Because we understand the dizzying demands of today’s family arena, we accept infants from 8 weeks old through 18 months and are open 7am to 6pm.
If you would like to visit the program with your infant we would love to meet you. Click here to Schedule A Tour. If you have any additional questions, please click here for a list of our FAQS or contact the Program Director directly.